TED Talks are the famous short talks that share videos and ideas from some of the world’s brightest minds. Healthcare professionals benefit from TEDMED, a conference dedicated to imagining the future of health and medicine professions. Below are just a few of our favorites.
1. Michael Graves is credited with broadening the role of the architect in society and raising public interest in good design as essential to the quality of everyday life. Following a stay in a rehab center, he realized that most hospitals ignore critical resident needs. Hear how he set out to change all that with attractive, efficient, patient-centered rooms.
2. Tim Brown, CEO and president of IDEO, a design and innovation consulting company, talks here about the ‘design’ of healthcare. He says that “in times of change, we need new choices.”
3. Sherwin Nuland, an American surgeon and author, calls attention to the increasing distancing over the last 2,000 years of the doctor from the patient. In this video he implores us to help turn this trend around.
4. David Pogue is the personal-technology columnist for the New York Times and here he explains how the iPhone might save your life!
5. Thomas Goetz is executive editor at WIRED Magazine and he talks about the importance of information presentation in healthcare. He suggests that healthcare is not a science problem it is an information problem.