Whether you are designing a new meeting space or updating your existing conference room, consider the following basic tips that we have prepared for you:
- Think about your brand and the image you want people to see when they attend a meeting. If you are a trendy, cutting edge company you may want to consider a modern, bold look for the room. But if you are more traditional, choose rich woods and more conventional colors.
- If you are starting from scratch, think about how many people you want to sit at the conference table. Use this number as a guide for how much square footage you want to allocate for your conference room. If you want to sit 12 people, your minimum room size requirement should be at least 12’ x 10’.
- Choose a color palette for productivity. To improve efficiency and focus, you may want to try a restful shade of green. To trigger innovation, try a mellow shade of yellow. And if what you want is the room to feel stable and calm, try a soft shade of blue.
- Make sure there is enough room for attendees to move around.
- Do not cramp the table. Leave enough space between chairs so people have some elbow room.
- Choose comfortable, upholstered chairs with ample seat room and back support.
- Presentation tools and technology integration are a must. Aside from the basics such as a telephone, make sure you have data ports, outlets to charge laptops and other electronic devices. Audio visual equipment, flat screen displays and white boards are staples for every conference room. Make sure these are user-friendly.
- Add a buffet credenza to use as a place to set up drinks and snacks to complement your meeting. That ensures that attendees do not have to leave the room to get refreshments.
- Proper lighting is essential for every conference room. Indirect candescent and diffused fluorescent will offer the most lighting flexibility.Let’s look at some beautiful ideas: