“Workstyles have changed and so has the workforce. No longer is the workplace population comprised of just resident employees who are on-site full-time. Today, a network of mobile employees, remote workers, part-time employees, contract workers and consultants work collaboratively across disciplines in teams and tasks that shift as frequently as their projects.”
Flexible work environments need to provide more flexible products. Since we are relying more and more on our mobile electronic devices, so does the need for keeping mobiles, laptops and tablet devices charged. Consequently, a good portion of the furniture manufacturers have answered the call and are incorporating charging points into upholstered seating as well as desks and tables.
Let’s take a look at some of those options:
≡ The PowerCube by Knoll is a lounge table that does double-duty as a digital charging hub and an analog communications tool, with whiteboard writable surfaces on all sides.
≡ Jolt by Kimball Office has a USB charger and a wireless power-charging surface that seamlessly integrates technology vital to connection, collaboration, and productivity.
≡ The Pairings Lounge Collection by Kimball Office merges simple sofa/lounge collections with the more informal space where people work, team up, and gather, creating adaptable, lounge-based work settings that host teams and technology in comfort.
≡ The Power Up Arm available in the Fringe Lounge Seating Collection by National Office offers extreme flexibility. It features two power outlets and
two USB ports.
Jolt! A new power option charging from Kimball Office makes it so much easier to stay connected seamlessly. The Jolt includes a USB charger and a wireless power-charging surface that integrated technology vital to connection, collaboration, and productivity.
What We Like About Jolt!
- Capable of charging a variety of devices including phones and tablets; IOS or Android
- Blue light indicates USB connectors are powered
- Charges up to 2 amps per port
- Charges devices compatible with USB 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 (Type A)
- Includes UL listed power adapter with 10′ cord
- Charges up to three devices at the same time; IOS, Android or Windows
- Charges devices with varying power requirements
- Capable of charging metal encased phones
- Includes UL listed power adapter with 6′ cord
- Can be used on surfaces 1/2″ to 1 3/16″ thick
Whether you are designing a new meeting space or updating your existing conference room, consider the following basic tips that we have prepared for you:
- Think about your brand and the image you want people to see when they attend a meeting. If you are a trendy, cutting edge company you may want to consider a modern, bold look for the room. But if you are more traditional, choose rich woods and more conventional colors.
- If you are starting from scratch, think about how many people you want to sit at the conference table. Use this number as a guide for how much square footage you want to allocate for your conference room. If you want to sit 12 people, your minimum room size requirement should be at least 12’ x 10’.
- Choose a color palette for productivity. To improve efficiency and focus, you may want to try a restful shade of green. To trigger innovation, try a mellow shade of yellow. And if what you want is the room to feel stable and calm, try a soft shade of blue.
- Make sure there is enough room for attendees to move around.
- Do not cramp the table. Leave enough space between chairs so people have some elbow room.
- Choose comfortable, upholstered chairs with ample seat room and back support.
- Presentation tools and technology integration are a must. Aside from the basics such as a telephone, make sure you have data ports, outlets to charge laptops and other electronic devices. Audio visual equipment, flat screen displays and white boards are staples for every conference room. Make sure these are user-friendly.
- Add a buffet credenza to use as a place to set up drinks and snacks to complement your meeting. That ensures that attendees do not have to leave the room to get refreshments.
- Proper lighting is essential for every conference room. Indirect candescent and diffused fluorescent will offer the most lighting flexibility.Let’s look at some beautiful ideas:
Ideas to create an activity space using some of Knoll best products. Pictured in our mood board:
- Pixel table
Scribe marker board
Suzzane lounge seatin
“Activity Spaces are go-to spaces that encourage collaboration and enhance productivity.” @knollinc
Read more: Activity Spaces by Knoll
#ActivitySpaces #knoll #moodboardfriday
The Pitfalls of Open-Plan Offices
The debate continues about the open office. Reuben Yonatan writes ” there’s absolutely no evidence that an open-plan office boosts morale or productivity, and mounting studies that show the exact opposite effects.”
Check out this infographic, We found it to be very informative.