Knoll Inc., a constellation of design-driven brands, will showcase a range of Immersive workplace planning solutions for commercial, healthcare, and educational space at NeoCon 2017 – the annual contract industry trade show that will take place in Chicago from June 12 – 14.
We found this very interesting new product by Designtex called Casper Cloaking Technology. It is an architectural film for glass walls. The purpose of the film is to obscure digital screens to outside view, perfectly balancing openness and privacy in the workplace. Casper can be applied to any clear, smooth glass on new projects or existing glass. It is recommended for conference rooms, meeting rooms and team studios. It is engineered to work with most LED displays, 40 inches or larger.
Via Fast Company: This Thin Film Is A Real-Life Cloaking Device For Your Office
Jolt! A new power option charging from Kimball Office makes it so much easier to stay connected seamlessly. The Jolt includes a USB charger and a wireless power-charging surface that integrated technology vital to connection, collaboration, and productivity.
What We Like About Jolt!
- Capable of charging a variety of devices including phones and tablets; IOS or Android
- Blue light indicates USB connectors are powered
- Charges up to 2 amps per port
- Charges devices compatible with USB 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 (Type A)
- Includes UL listed power adapter with 10′ cord
- Charges up to three devices at the same time; IOS, Android or Windows
- Charges devices with varying power requirements
- Capable of charging metal encased phones
- Includes UL listed power adapter with 6′ cord
- Can be used on surfaces 1/2″ to 1 3/16″ thick
Eyestrain? Sore back? It is amazing how making even small tweaks to office furnishings or work habits can make you more comfortable. To reduce your risk of injury, and improve your performance, consider these ten practical ergonomic tips for your workspace — and work style.
Check out this very useful infographics created by Knoll:
Whether you are designing a new meeting space or updating your existing conference room, consider the following basic tips that we have prepared for you:
- Think about your brand and the image you want people to see when they attend a meeting. If you are a trendy, cutting edge company you may want to consider a modern, bold look for the room. But if you are more traditional, choose rich woods and more conventional colors.
- If you are starting from scratch, think about how many people you want to sit at the conference table. Use this number as a guide for how much square footage you want to allocate for your conference room. If you want to sit 12 people, your minimum room size requirement should be at least 12’ x 10’.
- Choose a color palette for productivity. To improve efficiency and focus, you may want to try a restful shade of green. To trigger innovation, try a mellow shade of yellow. And if what you want is the room to feel stable and calm, try a soft shade of blue.
- Make sure there is enough room for attendees to move around.
- Do not cramp the table. Leave enough space between chairs so people have some elbow room.
- Choose comfortable, upholstered chairs with ample seat room and back support.
- Presentation tools and technology integration are a must. Aside from the basics such as a telephone, make sure you have data ports, outlets to charge laptops and other electronic devices. Audio visual equipment, flat screen displays and white boards are staples for every conference room. Make sure these are user-friendly.
- Add a buffet credenza to use as a place to set up drinks and snacks to complement your meeting. That ensures that attendees do not have to leave the room to get refreshments.
- Proper lighting is essential for every conference room. Indirect candescent and diffused fluorescent will offer the most lighting flexibility.Let’s look at some beautiful ideas:
⊗ CHOOSE GREEN MATERIALS
Minimize indoor pollution by choosing materials that are green certified and minimize the emission of pollutants such as volatile organic compounds (VOC). Learn More
BRING NATURE INDOORS
Choose the right lighting solution to help with concentration and motivation. Learn More
PROVIDE WELL-EQUIPED BREAK AREAS
MAKE AVAILABLE ERGONOMIC FURNITURE
RECYCLE RECYCLE RECYCLE
OPTIMIZE YOUR OFFICE LAYOUT
Optimize your office layout by understanding your employees’ needs and providing them with different office zones to accommodate different tasks such as quiet areas, activity spaces and team meeting rooms. Learn More