Knoll, Inc. introduced furniture solutions at NeoCon 2012 for a range of individual and group work that recognizes the increasingly social, mobile and collaborative fashion of today’s workplace.
“The office planning paradigm that most of us are familiar with was never intended to support the complexity or even the unpredictability of new work patterns,” said Benjamin Pardo, Knoll design director.
The Knoll NeoCon 2012 showroom was designed to showcase the role of activity spaces in the workplace in relation to primary workspaces that support:
- focus (concentrative work by one person)
- shared (among two or three people) and
- team work (among four to six or more people)
Knoll has determined that activity spaces generally fall into one of five types:
- REFUGE – for one to two people;
- ENCLAVE – for 3-4 people
- TEAM MEETING – for four to eight people
- ASSEMBLY SPACES – for larger groups
- COMMUNITY SPACES – for larger groups
If you weren’t able to attend NeoCon 2012, click on the image below to experience Knoll’s Virtual Showroom.
Things are buzzing as NeoCon 2012 gets closer and KI hosted a Social Media Webinar with tips on how to turn that buzz into a successful show for those planning to attend.
In collaboration with NeoCon, IIDA, Designer Pages and Metropolis Magazine, KI offered social media tips on things you can do before you get there, during the show and even best practices on how to follow up once you get back to the office.
Below are a few of the highlights, and you can find the complete deck here.
BEFORE NeoCon Social Tips:
- Follow major media outlets and show organizers for most up-to-date information on the show
- Tweet using the #NeoCon12 hashtag to find who to follow. Use search for industries
- Follow firms and industry organizations and manufacturers that will be exhibiting at NeoCon
- Join the NeoCon Group on LinkedIn to find out who’s talking about NeoCon
- Create your profile on My.NeoCon.com
- Download the Designer Pages Showrooms App to take your NeoCon.com profile mobile so you can browse, share and save showroom info.
DURING NeoCon Social Tips:
- Follow the #NeoCon12 hashtag to plan your day, find the best parties, learn about speakers/seminars, scope out the hottest products
- Use your Designer Pages Showroom App to connect with all of the NeoCon.com showrooms on your mobile device
- Blog about your experiences
- Use Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to both share and capture highlights from the show
- Enter KI’s NeoConography Photo Contest where mobile photography of creative shots, will be awarded with Visa® gift cards
- Participate in IIDA’s Pinterest Photo Contest to best demonstrate how work, play and culture intersect
- Follow IIDA on Facebook for updates
- Follow IIDA Design Matters blog
- @MetropolisMag and @3M_Architecture have teamed up for the MetropolisLikes Program to award products, showrooms and companies throughout the show.
AFTER NeoCon Social Tips:
- CardMunch App from LinkedIn – turns business cards into LinkedIn contacts.
- Send follow–up emails with people you met
- Continue to use the #NeoCon12 hashtag to see what conversations you missed as well as keep connections alive
- A Flickr album will be embedded on MetropolisMag.com for viewing
- Congratulate #MetropolisLikes recipients
- Ask your connections to share their photos
- Post blogs about what you saw and learned
- Post to your Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter accounts
- Watch for more info on IIDA’s June 19th NeoCon Highlights webinar
Key Hashtags for NeoCon 2012